Friday 29 March 2013

REVIEW: Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang

I am not what you would call a 'lip' person. I tend to focus my make up around statement eyes, simply because I have had braces for most of the time I have been wearing make up! Well, thats about to change as I am having the metal chain off my mouth in a matter of weeks. This means I have been on the hunt for a nice eye popping lip colour to wear to celebrate when they are finally removed and Rimmels new Apocalips lip gloss/ stain seemed to catch my eye, in no other colour than 'Big Bang', think Lady danger by Mac.
 
 
So, the verdict: An eye popping colour, with a beautiful texture but extremely messy if applied with the given tool.
Thats right, it is a gorgeous colour and goes on like a dream my issue lies with the tool which is given with the lip lacquer. It is a normal lip gloss sponge like applicator but applies way too much product! If you were to use the applicator you would end up with one red mess around your lips, therefore if you are going to go for this reddy shade make sure you use a lip brush! I used the No7 lip brush to be precise.
 
I will use this again, however definatly use a brush and I will also love to try the product in a nude base as im not too sure whether I am that confident to wear such a eye popping shade!
 
Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment