Tuesday 16 July 2013

ESTÉE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR/ DW LIGHT REVIEWS

I adore Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation, it is definitely my 'go-to' product. After using it for years to cover bad skin it has served me well however, during the hot weather we have been currently experiencing I needed a lighter foundation. I now have good skin, with the odd blemish therefore didn't need anything too heavy. I looked at millions (not literally) of reviews online and kept coming back to the Double Wear Light therefore I had to purchase! I had to get a sample of the foundation first to test whether it agreed with my oily skin, and it did! That's the one thing I love about Estée Lauder, the fact you can go up to the counter and receive good sized samples, this really makes a difference to whether I am going to purchase a product - especially a high end one like this foundation!
 
 
Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation
This was the original foundation I brought. I initially picked this up about a year ago as I wanted a foundation that was full coverage and would stay in place all day and this did the trick. It is a high coverage foundation therefore great for my spot prone skin, it is so good that on good skin days I didn't even need a full face, let alone concealer. Another bonus is the staying power, this baby stays in place all day even on my oily skin.
The texture is thick hence the immense coverage but this means you only need to apply a small amount. I literally cover the top with my finger, tip and then back and that's all I need so the bottle lasts a life time!
My only beef with this product is the packaging. Yes it is luxurious with the frosted glass etc. However, with no pump it is very easily to over judge the amount and waste valuable product! Please, please EL can you not bring out a pump that fits perfectly?
 
Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation
As I briefly mentioned before, my skin has been getting a lot clearer in the past few months which has been making me eye up some lighter foundation. This, and the fact it has been blooming hot in the UK prompted me to make a move on a new foundation purchase. I searched the web to look for oily skin friendly, light coverage foundation and the reviews just sent me straight back to this one.
This foundation is obviously lighter in coverage than the original, however still gives a pretty flawless base. It is surprising how lighter it feels on the skin also, which is great for summer.
I was worried that because the coverage wasn't as intense, the lasting power wouldn't be also. I have to say, this product surpassed my expectations on lasting power. No, it doesn't last as long as the double wear but lasts a pretty long time for foundation! It gets to around mid day when I need to have a little blot with powder but then again I don't use a primer so maybe I should try that! 
My only complaint with this foundation is the lack of shades they do it in compared to the original. The intensity 1 was slightly too light while the intensity 2 was slightly too dark. That being said, I went for the latter and was surprised how well it blended in and on the skin it doesn't look at all too dark.
 
All in all, I love Estée Lauder foundations and would recommend them for oily skin as they are sure to last you the duration. In terms of what you go for, if you have good skin then pick the light and if you need a higher coverage go for the original. Also, don't forget to take advantage of their sample service - it is a really good way of trying out the products before you invest!

No comments:

Post a Comment